Friday, July 23, 2010

I Love LA

Hey everyone!  Last weekend every Amgen Scholar in the country headed to UCLA for the Amgen Scholars Symposium.  268 of the country’s brightest young minds and future scientists, professors, and doctors came together to discuss biotechnology, the importance of a Ph.D., industry vs. academia, and our summer research.  We did listen to a LOT of speakers present about their research and what it’s like to research for a living.  We heard from professors, scientists, and Amgen, and even a surgeon-astronaut!  The  only downside was that our weekend was packed with meetings and speakers, so we didn’t have any time to explore LA... so here are some pictures of me and my fellow Berkeley Amgen Scholars!

Karla and I at the airport

Laramie and Karla, waiting to take off!  Notice our matching shirts.

Just discussing research at the symposium

Pamela and I waiting for a speaker to begin

Karla and I at Universal Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment